At Advantage, we’re really excited by them as it shows that Microsoft has clearly targeted the Professional & Business Services sector, making Dynamics CRM a viable Professional Services Automation (PSA) tool for PBS.
The problems PBS face
According to research conducted by Aberdeen Group, 50% of PBS identify a lack of resource as their top challenge. In the instance of PBS, resources are the staff that work for an organisation. The same report goes on to state that 26% of those surveyed suffer from “shrinking timeframes”.
PSA solutions are designed to solve issues like those. Typically, PSA are comprised of project management, expense and time management tools, centrally stored client data management and much more. Field Service and Project Service are modules for CRM that help to address these issues.
So, what is the Project Service module?
Project Service empowers Dynamics CRM with the tools to deliver professional engagements on time and within budget. You’ll be able to plan, estimate and quote contract work, assign resources and capture time and expenses accurately – helping deliver better service to your clients.
- Project planning: Features a visual project planning tool that includes automatic task scheduling and views of sales and cost information for time and expense management.
- Project billing: Project invoices reflect the terms of the contract and the approved work and expenses. The financial impact of project work, including costs, unbilled revenue, and invoices are recorded for use in analytics. You can also integrate billing with financial software such as Dynamics NAV and Dynamics GP.
- Time and expense management: Your staff can use web or mobile apps to record their time and expenses for multiple projects. The system allows you to easily approve new entries while understanding the financial implications of the newly-approved items.
And what about the Field Service module?
Field Service is an end-to-end solution that involves advanced scheduling, inventory tracking and resource management for mobile in-field specialists. It’s based on the FieldOne platform Microsoft purchased in 2015.
At a glance:
- Characteristics and proficiency ratings: Field service allows you to define criteria for projects and set them as a requirement in any work order. Your staff have their own profile within Dynamics CRM and are able to define their proficiencies. CRM will make recommendations based on these proficiencies matching them to the defined criteria, ensuring your clients get the right person for the right job.
- Mobile enabled: Your staff will often work in the field and be away from the office, without access to regular IT equipment. Field Service is accessible on an array of devices and optimised for use on mobile.
- Shares resources with Project Service: Items from Project Service feed into field service, offering a range of contextual data for staff in the field.
By using Field Service and Project Service, your organisation will be able to effectively manage its resources, projects and billables. They’ll help your service organisation deliver better service, keeping your clients happier and increasing your profits.