Microsoft have recently announced that as of January 1, 2019, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 on premises, which is sold via Dynamics Price List (DPL), will no longer be available for new customers.
Following the release of the Business Central roadmap it seems clear that Microsoft are pursuing a new focus for their new roster of products. Moving forward new customers will have two choices to choose from which will be:
- Dynamics 365 Business Central on premises via DPL
- Dynamics 365 Business Central cloud via Cloud Solution Provider
However, existing Dynamics NAV 2018 customers will still be able to purchase additional Dynamics NAV 2018 licenses when they require them.
Existing Dynamics NAV Customers will:
- Still be able to purchase additional licenses from Dynamics NAV 2018 price list if you are a Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 customer.
- Still be able to purchase additional licenses from the Dynamics NAV 2009 price list if you are a Dynamics NAV 2009 customer.
What Will The Dynamics NAV Structure Change?
As of October 1,2018, there will be updates to Dynamics NAV 2018 Price List, the Dynamics NAV 2009 Price List and Dynamics Perpetual Upgrade Policy.
Discontinuation of the following Current SKU's
Current NAV 2018 SKU
New NAV 2018 SKU
450 Full Concurrent User CAL
450 Full Concurrent User CAL – Limited Upgrade
Introduction of the following new SKU's with revised upgraded rights
Current NAV 2009 SKU
New NAV 2009 SKU
420 Additional BRL Advanced Management Users
420 Additional BRL Advanced Management Users – Limited Upgrade
410 Additional BRL Business Essentials Users
410 Additional BRL Business Essential Users – Limited Upgrade
1200 Additional Professional Users
1200 Additional Professional Users – Limited Upgrade
Things to note:
- As of January 1,2019, Dynamics NAV 2009 customers will no longer be able to upgrade/ transition to Dynamics NAV 2018
- As of October 1, 2018, Dynamics NAV 2009 and Dynamics NAV 2018 customers who are current on their Enhancement Plan can upgrade/transition directly to Dynamics 365 Business Central on- premises.
- For the following customer type, partners can process transition orders online via Order Central:
- NAV 2018 Perpetual Customers (without an Extended Pack)
For the following customer types, partners will need to submit a transition order request to their local Regional Operations Center:
- NAV 2009 Modular Based Licensing (MBL)
- NAV 2009 Business Ready Licensing (BRL)
- NAV 2018 Perpetual customers (with an Extended Pack)
- Downgrades from Dynamics 365 Business Central on premises are not permitted.
Not getting the technical support you need? It might be time to change partners, contact Advantage to find one of the many ways we can help.