When a company considers changing their Accounts or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, they usually strive to improve their business efficiencies by ensuring old manual ways of operating business processes are managed by the new system or system-based processes becomes more efficient: They do not want to introduce risk to the business when deploying a new system.
When reviewing systems, it is easy to become concerned about what appear to be amazing functional features and yet not introduce risk into the business by introducing these features. As a risk adverse business they should be deploying a solution that has been well established and of high technical quality – i.e. ‘leading edge not bleeding edge’.
Millions of companies of all sizes use Microsoft applications because they are robust, easy to use and deploy and crucially are an extremely reliable and low risk option. Microsoft Dynamics NAV, an Accounts/ERP solution, has been established in over 117,000 mid-market companies worldwide and is safely ‘leading edge’ rather than unestablished ‘bleeding edge’. However, the solution has not stood still – the latest version, NAV 2016, has an impressive array of new features that have been tried and tested, offering companies the opportunity to streamline business processes whilst introducing low risk business improvements.
What are the new features of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016?
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV application for Smartphones and Tablets; Dynamics NAV 2016 universal app provides reliable and simple access for PC, Tablets and Smartphones (Multi-Operating Systems) to NAV. This app delivers a Role-Tailored experience based on a user rights through an optimised and intuitive interface.
- Optimised connectivity with Dynamics CRM; an embedded connector allows dynamic updates of data between the two Microsoft applications, providing one holistic solution.
- Optimisation of the use of Azure’s SQL database service; Dynamics NAV 2016 is built to use native Azure SQL (Microsoft’s Cloud platform), as a Database-as-a-Service, reducing deployment and maintenance costs. Azure SQL offers a 99.99% availability (SLA), built-in redundancy, security features, resilience, point-in-time recovery and extremely attractive pricing.
- Documents management and OCR; Dynamics NAV 2016 includes several enhancements for inbound document management. It is now easy to capture, store and search documents using Optical Character Recognition (OCR), to auto create purchase invoices or general journal lines.
- Improvement of Accounts features; at the core the ERP, Dynamics NAV 2016 Accounts functions, have been improved, in order to save time, improve the ease of data entry and extend further NAV’s rich Accounts functionality.
- Improvements of features and of the NAV web client; over 60 technical and functional improvements have been made to the Dynamics NAV 2016 Web Client. The Web Client now includes popular features such as collapsible tabs, cross-column search, freeze pane, change company, language selection, search-as-you-type, etc.
- Improved NAV Workflow engine; the Dynamics NAV 2016 workflow engine provides the opportunity for businesses to model and control company processes more effectively. These workflows focus on 3 elements – Approvals, Notifications and Process automation.
The extensive ERP functionality of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, with integrated Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics, is available from Advantage Business Systems, a leading UK based Microsoft Gold partner.
For information on how Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 can leverage incisive analysis of your business and improve its bottom line, call Martyn Kemp on 0203 004 4600 or email email@example.com