What is an IT Audit?
Think of it as an MOT for your IT infrastructure. Our highly experienced IT professionals will have an indepth look into your systems and pick up on the strengths and weaknesses of your existing setup. We will do a complete examination of your processes, policies, operations and maintenance strategies – leaving no stone unturned.
Why have an IT audit?
Similar to going to the doctor for that health check, your IT systems need to be checked to ensure that your systems are working efficiently. More than often, IT audits discover inefficiencies within your system that you didn’t even know you had.
What does an IT audit entail?
We'll evaluate your existing IT setup in 5 simple steps:
- User evaluation – One of our professional IT consultants will evaluate your IT by interviewing a range of stakeholders within your business. We'll ascertain how you and your staff use your systems and highlight issues raised through our surveying techniques.
- Automated evaluation – We'll use our cutting-edge auditing tools and applications to ascertain an understanding of your existing IT setup. We'll be checking software, hardware, email etc. We'll even have a look at your servers, workstations and internet connection.
- Process evaluation – We'll then conduct a detailed examination of your existing IT processes. So things like the state of your data, disaster recovery plans, security, IT policies etc.
- Supplier evaluation - We'll scrutinise your suppliers. We'll examine contracts IT support providers, utility contracts, ERP & CRM providers and anything related to your communications system.
- The final report – We'll give you our findings in our detailed report. We'll critically appraise every aspect of your IT system and make recommendations, aligned to meet the requirements and challenges of your business. We'll present the report to you in a final session, where one of our IT consultants will be on hand to help you understand the details of the audit.
Our IT Audit Services
As well as the general IT Audit, we also have some specialist audits available