This professional services organisation delivers Project Management consultancy into global blue-chip organisations. Those organisations service the Aeronautical, Defence, Automotive, Financial Services sectors & many more.
The organisation had grown, covering offices in the UK, Australia, and Germany and hence had outgrown their legacy Sage finance application. Additionally, there was a demand for a true multi-currency solution, fiscal localisation capability, and that had vastly improved reporting capabilities and inherent integration with Microsoft Office – in particular, Excel.
A further challenge was the inability of the incumbent solution to integrate with their Excel based expenses solution.
After making the decision to migrate to a Microsoft Dynamics solution to align with a strategy for Microsoft technologies, the organisation adopted a search and selection process with potential partners that were able to meet key criteria:
- A partner with a proven track record in similar organisations, ideally based within the M25.
- A partner that had experience of delivering solutions not only within the UK, but across Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Ability to provide development capability to integrate their expense solution with the finance application.
- Provide proactive Account Management to drive the organisation forwards and act as an advocate for Microsoft technologies.
- Provision of a proactive support desk, with inherent accountancy skills as well as deep functional knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics.
Following a review of leading UK Partners, Advantage was selected to implement the Microsoft Dynamics solution. Furthermore, Advantage continues to provide ongoing business continuity support to this day and has additionally incorporated their US operations into the solution.
The Microsoft Dynamics Cloud-based solution was successfully implemented within a short timeframe. Some of the benefits realised by the Microsoft solution and move to Advantage were:
- Improved reporting and Business Intelligence capability was inherent within the solution, to enable the organisation to quickly export and analyse data at a glance.
- Provided organisational efficiency – it is critical that time delays for the day to day running of the business were minimised to focus on business-critical tasks.
- Provided an automated mechanism to import employee expenses into the finance solution, saving time, eliminating manual entry and potential data entry errors.
- Implementation of a solution that enabled the organisation to expand without additional demand placed upon the finance team overheads.
The benefits delivered above were mentioned by the Financial Director at this professional services organisation who remarked “We’re delighted that we have now got a suitable ERP system in place that will allow us to do all the things we need it to do going forwards. Throughout the whole implementation process, we were visibly impressed with the way in which Advantage went about putting our vision into action through their hugely talented and vastly experienced Dynamics 365 Business Central consultants as well as being able to provide us with regular updates on the progress of the project. If you are looking for a Microsoft ERP partner to migrate you off old legacy ERP systems onto a new and improved cloud-based one, then look no further than Advantage as you won’t regret it.”
Martyn Kemp, New Business Sales & Account Manager added “I was delighted with how we completed the process of moving this professional services organisation off their old Sage finance system onto the much more reliable and scalable Microsoft Dynamics ERP system which has clearly helped them to revolutionise their business. As well as this, this reliable technology is fully supported by our team of Dynamics experts here at Advantage to enable them to make sure that they are using every single part of the functionality available.”
As you can see from the above, this professional services organisation remains pleased with the decision they made to move to Microsoft Dynamics ERP.
Following the successful implementation of their Microsoft Dynamics system, they have significantly improved their overall reporting and Business Intelligence capability, improved their overall organisational efficiency as well as being able to streamline an automated mechanism to import employee expenses into the finance solution. Advantage continue to fully support this solution to ensure that they are using the solution to the best of its capability.