This not-for-profit hospice organisation offers care and support for children and young people with life-threatening conditions and support families through this whole process.
This not-for-profit Hospice organisation had been users of legacy unsupported by Microsoft version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV. However, by using this legacy solution brought with it, many disadvantages: it was deployed using costly Citrix licenses, it was not compliant with HMRC’s MTD legislation, it used outdated Excel export technology, etc. Crucially, it was out of support by Microsoft, curtailing important security and functional updates together with an inability to add additional users.
After making the decision to migrate to a new, proactive Microsoft Dynamics partner, the organisation adopted a search and selection process with potential partners that were able to meet key criteria:
- A cost-effective licensing model, irradicating the need for Citrix licenses and provision of discounted Business Central subscription licenses.
- Removal of their annual maintenance fee.
- Introduce governance of processes via workflow technologies.
- Provide proactive Account Management to drive the organisation forward and act as an advocate for Microsoft technologies.
- Provision of a proactive support desk, with inherent accountancy skills as well as deep functional knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Following a review of leading UK Partners, Advantage was selected to transition the Dynamics NAV solution. Advantage recommended that they migrate to the Cloud based (Saas) Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central solution, rather than upgrade the legacy solution. Furthermore, Advantage continues to provide ongoing business continuity support to this day.
The Dynamics NAV solution was successfully upgraded to Business Central. Some of the benefits realised by the upgrade and move to Advantage were:
- Legacy developments no longer used, or superseded by inherent functionality within the later version, were removed.
- Improved reporting and Business Intelligence capability was inherent within the solution.
- The solution was ‘evergreen’ not requiring future ‘upgrade’ overhead.
- Accessibility from any of their 35+ sites with most devices (tablets, laptops, smartphones, etc).
- Compliance with HMRC Making Tax Digital
The above benefits were reflected by the Financial Director at this not-for-profit hospice organisation who remarked “we were extremely pleased with the outcomes achieved by moving to a fully scalable ERP system. The level of expertise and knowledge that the Advantage team had was a cut above what we had experienced with other Microsoft partners and we were further reassured by the clear and concise communications provided during the whole migration process.”
Martyn Kemp, New Business Sales & Account Manager was evidently delighted “It was a pleasure to help this not-for-profit hospice organisation to help them migrate to a fully scalable ERP solution in Business Central which has clearly revolutionised the way they worked. Furthermore, this game changing technology is fully supported by the team here at Advantage to ensure that we continue to support their organisation well into the future.”
This not-for-profit hospice organisation remains confident in the selection of Microsoft Dynamics for its Finance solution.
Since the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics and the new system going live, they have achieved significant time savings in the day-to-day running of the organisation, whilst now gaining better business insight into how to effectively remain efficient for the future.