Part of a global network of accountants and business advisors, serving individuals and non-for-profit organisations for accountancy and business advice. As an organisation, they had outgrown their Sage finance system and deployed Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
The lack of support and strategic direction from their incumbent Microsoft Dynamics partner had left the organisation static with no room for scaling up the business quickly. As the organisation has grown, the needs of the organisation had moved on and the business system needed to reflect those changes.
Having made the decision to migrate to a new, proactive Microsoft Dynamics partner, the organisation adopted a search and selection process with potential partners that were able to meet key criteria:
- Ability to migrate Microsoft Dynamics NAV to the latest version.
- Introduce governance of the purchasing process via workflow technologies.
- Provide proactive Account Management to drive the organisation forward and act as an advocate for Microsoft technologies.
- Provision of a proactive support desk, with inherent accountancy skills as well as deep functional knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Following a review of leading UK Partners, Advantage was selected to transition the Dynamics NAV solution and provide ongoing Dynamics NAV support to this day.
The Dynamics NAV solution was successfully upgraded. Some of the benefits realised by the upgrade and move to Advantage were:
- Legacy developments no longer used, or superseded by inherent functionality within the later version, were removed.
- Governance of approval processes (e.g. invoice approval) was introduced into the organisation assisting with the tighter control of budgets.
- Reassurance was provided by a proactive support desk, with inherent accountancy skills, and working with a partner that would assist in driving the organisation forward.
Furthermore, it was clear from the organisation that they were extremely happy with the results:
A Finance Head at the organisation added: “The transition from our old Sage finance system to Dynamics NAV was completed in a quick and efficient way & we’re already seeing the benefits of the new system. We cannot thank the NAV team at Advantage enough for supporting us through the whole process from start to finish, we would highly recommend anyone looking to migrate from Sage to use Advantage”.
Martyn Kemp, New Business Sales Manager remarked “We’re so pleased that the organisation is now feeling the full benefits from moving to the Cloud with Dynamics NAV. The relationship that we’ve built with the team at the organisation is something that we look to maintain and enhance over the coming years through our ongoing Dynamics NAV support”.
With the transition to Dynamics NAV having been completed, the above organisation is now able to maximise their use of the system to transform their day-to-day business activity with a solution that is fully scalable as their business grows in the future.